Sorting GPG keys by last name?

John Abreau jabr-iwcNaMm7aMIiq3RsQ1AnAw at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 12 17:10:54 EDT 2008

For the BLU keysignings, we have a script that generates the check sheet from
a gpg keyring containing the participants' keys.  To sort them alphabetically
by last name, Ihave a routine that reads an external data file that I maintain
by hand, which contains the keyid, last name, first name. Any keys not in
this file are labeled "*NEW*" and sort to the bottom of the list.

Has anyone come up with an way to easily identify first and lat names
automatically? I'd like to get rid of the manual step if possible.

AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr-iMZfmuK6BGBxLiRVyXs8+g at public.gmane.org / YAHOO abreauj / SKYPE zusa_it_mgr
Email jabr-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9