Moving from Centos to Fedora 9

Jerry Feldman gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 14 07:34:36 EDT 2008

On 09/13/2008 06:34 PM, jbk wrote:
> I recommend that you create a second 10G partition and=20
> install Fedora on that. Then you can migrate your settings=20
> and home directories at you leisure.
>  =20
That is normally how I've done it over the years with SuSE.

But this does bring up a question. I set up my system as LVM. I suspect=20
that there should be no problem accessing my existing logical volumes=20
with Fedora 9 or SuSE 11. I've got them set up with a separate logical=20
volume for /home and /usr/local as well as plenty of space for=20
expansion. I should be able to set things up as a dual boot.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org
PGP key id: 537C5846