Mounting a LVM partition from a linux live cd

John Abreau jabr-iwcNaMm7aMIiq3RsQ1AnAw at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 17 11:58:28 EDT 2008

Try running vgscan to create the VG files under /dev:

    $ sudo vgscan
      Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
      Found volume group "RosettaVG" using metadata type lvm2
    $ sudo ls /dev/RosettaVG
    home  root  usr  var
    $ sudo mkdir /mnt/temp ; sudo mount /dev/RosettaVG/root /mnt/temp

This assumes the livecd has LVM compiled into its kernel.