Bemani hack on website

Ben Eisenbraun bene-Gk2boCrsRs1AfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 29 12:35:30 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 03:29:03AM -0400, James Kramer wrote:
> I'll let it go a little further and see if Bemani will be back like he
> threatened.  I never heard of any hacker trade marking his name.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22THIS+SITE+WAS+HACKED+BY+OMID_EXPLORER%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

This is probably some script kiddie with a canned exploit for Joomla.

Bemani is a town in Iran.

You really should patch that box.  Hopefully it's a just a defacement at
this point, but if you leave its ass hanging in the wind, spammers and
phishers will eventually find it and use it for more nefarious purposes.

It's not an "experiment" to leave it unsecured; it's irresponsible.

-ben

--
i never let school get in the way of my education.          <mark twain>