Parallel-port print-to-text?

Nathan Meyers nmeyers-BigylZdZcsdmcu3hnIyYJQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 29 17:05:52 EDT 2008

John Abreau wrote:
> I have an old Norstar phone system that prints plain text to a
> parallel printer,
> and the only way I know of to view the system's current state is to print it to
> the parallel port. It would be nice to be able to get the config
> details in a text file
> instead. Or a pdf file if plain text is not possible.
>
> Has anyone ever heard of a device that hools up to a parallel port, acts like a
> printer, and writes the output to a file instead of paper?

http://pcl.to/capture/

Parallel port goes in, USB comes out, and some Windows-based software
handles the capture. I don't anything else about it - just found it when
Googling for an answer to your question. I never cease to be amazed at
all the gadgets out there to solve annoying little issues like this.

Nathan