Wimax in Massachusetts?

Mark J. Dulcey mark-OGhnF3Lt4opAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 30 14:58:43 EDT 2008

John Abreau wrote:
> I've been thinking about getting a Nokia n810, and I see that for $25 more,
> there's a Wimax version.
>
> Has anyone heard about Wimax coming to Massachusetts any time soon?
> Is it worth the bother to buy the Wimax edition of the n810? If Wimax
> won't be available here for a couple years, then it's probably not worth
> planning for at this time.

Boston is one of the markets that Sprint/Clearwire is planning to wire
soon. They just turned on their first market, Baltimore. Here's a link
to one of the many news stories about it:
http://www.crn.com/networking/210604449 -- it's not clear exactly when
Boston will see service, but it's probably more like 6 months, not 2 years.