Twiki care

Dan Ritter dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 14 15:57:18 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 03:49:07PM -0400, Doug wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have a web site, and I could put a twiki on it.  How do people
> defend against spam and malware?  I read on the web that having a
> registration check box that says "I am not a robot"  is pretty
> effective.  Thought I'd ask for people's experiences...

I run a TWiki -- and it's sealed behind a firewall. Not public
facing. I don't have a business case to make it public and I
have lots of reasons not to do so.

I also run a ProWiki, which is public-facing -- and read-only without
an account, and I only create accounts for people I know
personally.

This may not help you, but it is about what I feel safe with.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.