Cheapest way to backup data

Eric Chadbourne eric-yrHdaQSNc4gdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 22 11:28:01 EST 2009

"...I have about 100gig of data..."

I have about 3x that.  Mostly music and movies.  Somebody on this list
talked about having 3 copies of everything and that made sense to me.
So for my personal data I do the following.

1.  Working copy.  Local drive.
2.  Fast backup.  External USB drive.  (Not that fast with hundreds of
gigs.)
3.  Slow backup.  DVD+R.  (Really freakin' slow.  But I only need this
if two drives fail.)

I switch operating systems and do fresh installs all the time and
haven't lost data in a quite a while.  Super cheap, easy to understand
and works.  Of course if my house explodes due to a gas leak I'm SOL.  :-)

- Eric C