Blu Ray external burners?

Scott R. Ehrlich scott-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 26 09:26:46 EST 2009

I am looking into getting a Blu Ray DVD burner for my computer.  The goal
is to burn as much data to a disc as possible, and I'm aiming to attach it
externally, if practical.   Thus, either an external burner, or an
internal burner I place into an external enclosure.

I'm new to the Blu Ray world (other than seeing tv ads for for the format)
and wondering what I need to know for the computer burning aspect of them?

Any special software needed?  Recommended brands/models of burners?

Price is not a factor here.

Thanks.

Scott