WD MyBook II questions

Tom Metro tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 21 17:23:12 EDT 2009

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> AFAIK both drives are good. They both mount properly as a RAID1 array
> on Linux. I think I may have done something to the box...

The embedded OS is stored on the RAID data drives - no? (Not a design
I'm particularly fond of.) So there are any number of things that might
have happened to the drives that would prevent the OS from booting.

Didn't Federico mention that there were sites with "debrcking"
instructions? (Probably a disk image you can overwrite your drives with.)

(Too late now, as you've already shipped off the drive, but something to
consider if there is a next time.)

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro