suggestion for USB IR receiver for MythTV?

Ben Eisenbraun bene-Gk2boCrsRs1AfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 11 19:04:36 EDT 2009

I'm doing a bit of maintenance on my Mythbuntu machine, and I figured
it's time to pull the no-longer-useful Hauppauge WinTV card, but it's
running the IR receiver for my remote.  Is there a definitely compatible
USB-based IR receiver for MythTV these days?

I've googled for this on and off over the last year, and it seems most
people opt for serial, but I'd like to reserve the single serial port on
the machine for my technical putterings.

-b

--
when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.	     <hunter thompson>