HP Mini netbook and Linux

Jarod Wilson jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 22 23:04:51 EDT 2009

On 06/22/2009 03:55 PM, Matt Shields wrote:
> Has anyone played with the new HP Mini netbooks? I got one last week and
> first loaded Fedora 10, then Fedora 11 and the only problem that I continue
> to have is getting the Broadcom wireless to work on it.  Anyone have similar
> issues?

Which driver(s) are you trying to use with it? If I'm thinking clearly,
those have a bcm43xx 802.11b/g chip, which may or may not be supported
by the b43 driver (with firmware extracted via b43-fwcutter), and should
also be supported by broadcom's hybrid-wl driver. JABR mentioned having
issues getting b43 working with his 10" Acer Aspire One too, I'm
guessing its the same chip...

--jarod