Canon Pixma MP980 multifunction printer

David Kramer david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 4 02:41:03 EDT 2009

I just got one of these printers as part of a package deal, so I didn't
have a choice. It has a network jack and a USB jack.  I would prefer to
figure out how to talk to it over the network, but I'll settle for USB.
 Has anyone worked with these Pixma printers from Canon?

After I solve the connection problem, it's not listed in CUPS. Can
someone point me at the PPD files for this printer?

Also, which network protocol does it use to talk to it wired (IPP, LPD,
...)? The manual doesn't say.

Thanks.