another Comcast head-end goes digital

Bill Bogstad bogstad-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 1 02:40:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Bill Bogstad wrote:
>>
>> Have you run the hdhomerun_config_gui and verified that you have
>> clear QAM signals which are viewable?
>
> Hadn't recently, but yup, still getting clear QAM for extended basic
> channels.
>
> As far as scte65scan is concerned, that shouldn't matter, right?

If they aren't actually using DTAs in your area there would be no need
to send the SCTE65 tables.   I know I'm reaching here...

>>> 3. determine the right scte65scan command line options to get it to
>>> produce
>>> just the right SQL (referencing the correct tuner IDs, etc.) to load into
>>> MythTV's database. Sounds like there's a potential for conflicting
>>> channel
>>> IDs too, if you have multiple digital tuners.
>>
>> The svn version has the -f n,m option which let's you specify the
>> source id.   That's your listing source id rather then tuner id.
>
> OK. Are the sources numbered sequentially from zero? Short of digging in the
> DB, can you determine the ID of a source? (It may be obvious from the UI. I
> haven't checked.)

Not sequential as far as I know.   I don't know of any way to get it
via the MythTV interface, but if you have Mythweb set up you can see
the channel table at:

http://MYBACKEND/mythweb/settings/tv/channels

which contains source ids.

> Though wouldn't modifying the call signs mess up mappings for any existing
> sources? I suppose the channels with variances are likely not on the old
> analog lineup.

I don't know.  I turned off my PVR-150 when I setup my HD homerun.

>> I believe that my system is HRC as well and I have no problem using
>> that file for scte65 scans.
>
> Really? Misleading documentation, then.

I misremembered.  Mythtv-setup says I selected IRC not HRC tuning.   A
quick check on the web says IRC is equivalent to standard cable for
most channels.  Sorry about that.  I did some googling around and
found what you found in a latest post.

Sounds like you are past your bottleneck...

Bill Bogstad