Email certificates

Tom Metro tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 4 15:15:39 EDT 2010

I'm  currently going through the process of purchasing email
certificates for a few of my domains, and I'm a bit concerned that the
vendor I'm currently using is not doing much to validate the information
I'm supplying. They seem to be relying solely on documents I have
supplied to them, which I could easily have forged. There is no sign
that they've verified them independently. (They did use D&B to validate
information for a certificate in a business name, but that just proves
that the address I supplied on my application form matches the real
address of the business.)

If you've gone through this process, were you satisfied with the level
of checks performed by the vendor, and if so, who did you use?

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA