Hardware Virtualization issue

Jerry Feldman gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 4 15:48:30 EDT 2010

I get a popup from Virtualbox "VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration has been
enabled, but is not operational. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a
64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot. Please ensire that you have
enabled VT-x/AMD-V promerly in the BIOS of your host computer".

I restarted my system and made sure that the Virtualization assist is
enabled.
model name    : Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2352
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc
extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic
cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs

In the past I have run Virtualbox with 64-bit guests, both Ubuntu and
Windows 7. Earlier today, I received this message and it was disabled. I
know that my hardware and BIOS fully support virtualization.
I'm running Fedora 12 2.6.32.10-90.fc12.x86_64, and Vbox is 3.1.6. It
should work. I'm going to do a full power off and check the BIOS again.
I remember that when I first set up KVM before the problem I had with
pvcreate and reinstalled Fedora 12 from scratch. I did notice that
virtualization assist was disabled when I went to check on whether ECC
was enabled because it is on the same screen.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846