another Comcast head-end goes digital

Bill Bogstad bogstad-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 02:54:43 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Now on to the problem of transcoding the audio so the HDHR-sourced video
> can be played back on an MVP.

I was doing that for a while using a Mythtv user job and a script from
Roger Heflin (rogerheflin-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org).  (I can't remember how I found
out about it though.)   Now that I have a ZOTAC ION frontend, I'm not
using it anymore.  The script has issues with recordings that have
both English and Spanish/Descriptive audio tracks.  It would merge
both of them into a single track.  I never bothered to fix this as I
only used it for a few weeks.

When I mentioned it to Roger he had seen it occasionally as well and suggested
looking into the following to fix it:

mplayer -identify may give more info on what it sees in the stream.

On my stuff it shows this:
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=0

And you may be able to use -aid, or -ausid or -alang to only deal with
one stream.

Good Luck,
Bill Bogstad