another Comcast head-end goes digital

Bill Bogstad bogstad-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 7 15:14:24 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Bill Bogstad wrote:
>>
>> I was doing that for a while using a Mythtv user job...
>
> Did you do anything to make it only process the DTV recordings, or were all
> your recording DTV at that point?

I had stopped using my PVR-150s at that point.    I'm glad that I
didn't get rid of them though as I'm going to end
up using them with the 'free' DTAs that Comcast provides.

> I see MythTV supports a checkbox to enable transcoding on the recording
> profile, but I think that limits you to the built-in transcoder, which is
> useless if you need MPEG2.

That sounds correct.

>> ...and a script from Roger Heflin (rogerheflin-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org).  (I can't
>> remember how I found out about it though.)
>
> Probably the mvpmc-users list. It has been posted there a few times.

The one I attached I got from him directly.  I believe it is more
recent then any other posting.

Bill Bogstad