iPad

Richard Pieri richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 11 16:24:09 EDT 2010

On Apr 11, 2010, at 3:43 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:

> Rich is entirely correct. (Although the sysadmins from the future will
> likely still be running DNS servers.)

True.  I really should have phrased it as, "ten years ago we added web servers and services."  And so forth.  Building on top of what we have, always adding something new on top.  That's progress, and that's how a good sysadmin stays employed.

> Somewhere upstream in this thread, somebody said that Apple is an
> experience company. That's right. The experience that Apple is moving
> towards is Disneyland. (I owe somebody else royalties on that thought,
> it's perfect.)

That was me, although I think that you owe Cory Doctorow for the Disney ref. :)

--Rich P.