Advice on new system for Linux

James Kramer kramerjm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 13 11:36:14 EDT 2010

My computer just died.  I had it for nearly 10 years.  I need to
purchase a new system and would like one that would last another 10
years.
1.  Would this system suite my needs.
2. I do not play games but I would like the option to upgrade in the future.
3.  I never used 64 bit Linux. I assume that by now most programs (ie
Firefox) are supported by it.
4. Do you think that I will run into any linux driver problems since
it is such a new system.
5.Can I dual boot with Win XP.  That is will WinXP run on a 64 bit.
It is my impression that AMD can simulate a 32 bit enviroment for
Windows.  Thanks you in advance for your suggenstions.

uper Gamer Series: AMD AM3

    * RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP-OUT ON NEXT BUSINESS DAY. [ This is a
limited offer of $100 value saving. ]
    * Raidmax: Tornado [ ATX-238WR ] ( Front USB, Audio ), Red
    * Default case fans
    * Gamer Choice Standard Recommented Low Noise Silent System
    * Standard 400W Power Supply
    * AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, Socket AM3, 3.2GHz, 64-Bit
Quad-Core, 4x512KB Cache
    * DIY !!! I know how to use the Built-in Motherboard Overclock
Utility wih BIOS Setup and do it myself.
    * Vermont AI OC Certified, AMD Certified, AutoSpeed Silent Air Cool
    * ASUS GeForce 7025, AM3, 4GB DDR3 Max, RAID, Audio, GbLAN, Video.
[ M4N68T-M ]
    * 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 at 1333 MHz Dual Channel
    * Geforce GTS 250: 1024MB
    * Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
    * None
    * Hitachi 500GB Serial ATA-II 7200RPM w/ 16MB Buffer
    * Standard Setting : Non-RAID
    * 22x Dual-Format/Dual-Layer DVDRW Drive
    * None
    * High Definition 7.1 Digtial Surround Sound
    * None
    * Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    * None
    * None
    * None
    * None
    * - Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution.
      - Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chasis
with High Performance Thermal Compound
    * STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME
TECHNICAL SUPPORT