iPad

Richard Pieri richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 13 12:02:04 EDT 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Hah, you beat me to it. Kinda takes the bite out of *that* argument, eh?

Indeed.  And Opera didn't even need a court order to do it. :)

Early reports are that it *is* faster than Mobile Safari, noticeably so on the older hardware.  On the other hand, it doesn't feel like an iPhone application, jarringly so for some.  I have to agree.  It's little things, like in Mobile Safari when you tap "Done" when entering a field it sends a Return key press to the backing web site.  Opera Mini doesn't, so I have to tap the web button afterwards.  It's not bad, it's just not what I expect from a "real" Cocoa Touch application.

--Rich P.