A bit OT: Help with web merchant selection

Nathan Meyers nmeyers-BigylZdZcsdmcu3hnIyYJQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 14 21:42:27 EDT 2010

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> I am setting up my first web site to conduct sales for my own startup
> business (we'll see if even gets past the hobby stage...)

A friend of mine who runs a small figure skating shop out of his house
set up a storefront on Yahoo! - he couldn't be happier. The store setup
looks great and is and easy to manage, Yahoo! handles the
merchant/payment services, Yahoo! has extensive promotional channels,
and my friend gets to concentrate on the business and not the
technology. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/ecommerce/

There are plenty of e-commerce competitors, but my knowledge here is
pretty limited. Based on my sample size of 1, Yahoo! ecommerce customers
seem to like the offering.

Nathan