FIOS - Mythtv Questions

James Kramer kramerjm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 21 12:21:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

I just got FIOS.  How can I change the DNS name server?  The router
has the ip for the name server.  I looked all over the router
configuration and could not find a place to change it. I have added a
nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf but it does not seem to be redirecting
me. The nameserver in the router seems to be controlling my search.

Does MythTV work with FIOS.  I just want to use it to record video.
My box has a firewire connector.  Do I need a Hauppage card?

Jay