Mono, gcj, java, c++, what?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 28 11:10:47 EDT 2010

On Aug 28, 2010, at 6:53 AM, Mark Woodward wrote:

> How about Mono? To be honest, I like the c# language better than Java,
> (almost identical, but some nice additions) but because of its Microsoft
> underpinnings, I have been reluctant to use it.

.NET is not free software.  Mono is not free software due to the way that Microsoft waives its patents for .NET implementations: do it Microsoft's way or you get sued for infringement.

Java?  Won't be disappearing any time soon.  It has too vastly huge a deployment base right now.  Insert rant about monocultures here.

--Rich P.