Subversion overhaul of tags

Edward Ned Harvey blu-Z8efaSeK1ezqlBn2x/YWAg at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 21 22:29:22 EST 2010

I thought this might be interesting, in light of recent conversations of svn
on this list...  Although the conversation on this list was focused on
tagging, and the planned changes are branch & merge...   Branch, merge, and
tagging are closely related.

http://wandisco.com/php/pr.php?rss=0
<http://wandisco.com/php/pr.php?rss=0&prdate=2010-12-20> &prdate=2010-12-20

I didn't read too close, and I didn't look for any other information about
it.  Cuz the changes largely don't affect me, I just thought it was
interesting and perhaps relevant.

Based on personal experience, I expect whatever they're planning to be
available several months from now.  Svn 1.7 is due imminently...  Q1 this
year is a safe assumption.  And the reported changes will be addressed
immediately after that...  Rough guess 6 months is reasonable.