grub2 upgrade

Tom Metro tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 1 19:54:07 EST 2010

David Kramer wrote:
> - I had Grub set up to verbose, and it overwrote it to not only not tell
> me what's happening during boot, but this intensely ugly MythBuntu screen
> stays up during the boot process,  and I didn't even install MythBuntu!  I
> really need to track this one down.

Yeah, I noticed that splash and quiet were enabled by default by the
grub2 setup, ignoring my grub legacy settings. I couldn't find any good
official documentation on correcting this, but did run across a posting
that pointed to the right config file. Here's the diff after I modified
my config, followed by the command to update the installed grub image:

# rcsdiff /etc/default/grub
RCS file: RCS/grub,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.1 grub
6c6
< GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
---
 > #GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

# update-grub

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro