Hard Drive Spindle Temp ???

Tom Metro tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 18 17:09:21 EST 2010

Paul Courchene wrote:
> Are there any MS Windoze drivers that will monitor the Temp via Smart Data ?
>
> Has anyone used this capability on a Linux Box ?

Yes, the tool mentioned by the other two responders can be found here:
http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/

and works on both Linux and Windows. I've used it on both platforms, but
more extensively on Linux, including logging temperatures and firing
alerts when thresholds are exceeded.

Be aware that the temperature value reported by SMART is not consistent
from vendor to vendor, so if smartd doesn't have the drive it in
database, you can get strange numbers returned.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA