SSD in regular laptop? or Accelerometer?

Edward Ned Harvey blu-Z8efaSeK1ezqlBn2x/YWAg at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 18 20:32:14 EST 2010

> b) is a modern large (60GB or 128GB) SSD usable as a straight
> replacement
> for a PATA/IDE laptop drive, or do I need to prevent swap/hibernate and
> remount multiple directories as tempfs , noatime, border, with erase
> alignment, etc? web pages offer different opinions, debunking each
> other.

Modern SSD's are essentially indistinguishable from other hard drives, as
far as the OS is concerned.  You should be able to install your OS ... no
wait ... you said pata/ide.  I was assuming SATA.

Smart modern SSD's are also able to write distribute, thus eliminating the
problem that used to really kill SSD's quickly.  Which is the OS always
writing to the same block over and over.