how do you back up data on your home computer?

David Hummel lemmuh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 7 15:46:33 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:19 PM, eric chadbourne
<eric.chadbourne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> but i was wondering what some of you guys do?

I've been quite happy with rsnapshot.  I maintain both local and
remote snapshots on hard disk.  With this scenario I don't see much
point in backing up to optical disk.  I wouldn't consider storing any
backups of personal data in a shared hosting environment for obvious
reasons.  You should consider encrypting working versions of any files
containing clear passwords, should your laptop fall into the wrong
hands...