USB to VGA/DVI adapters?

Scott Ehrlich srehrlich-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 12 21:40:45 EST 2010

I have an Intel Atom w/GMA 500 PC, so the video isn't that great.  I'm
using Ubuntu 8.04 out of box, which seems to produce the best video
for the GMA 500   Would a USB to VGA/DVI adapter help improve
streaming video (from hulu, youtube, etc)?

One adapter I'm looking at is the Sabrent/Arkview USB-dh88.   One
thing I've seen from video processing of my existing system is high
cpu utilization.   Will I experience that, or worse, with one of these
adapters?  Or, will performance be offloaded to the devices and video
and processing power improve?

Thanks.

Scott