What Web Browser do Linux users use?

David Kramer david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 16 22:07:06 EDT 2010

Lim, Seung Chan wrote:
> Please allow me to interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast, and ask
> what web browser you use on a regular basis. I'm just curious.
>
> 1. FireFox
> 2. Chrome
> 3. Konqueror
> 4. Opera
> 5. Lynx
> 6. Something else: ____
>
> Personally, I use Chrome on Ubuntu 9.10, and both Chrome and Safari on my
> Macbook Pro.

I use both FireFox and Chrome at the same time.

FireFox has a better layout for me, the WebDeveloper plugin for web
development or when I'll  need to clear cache/auth often, and several
plugins to download flash and other video formats that I haven't found
for Chrome.  I watch almost all flash downloaded because the flash
plugin always gets screwed up on my machine, in part because it's a
locked-down POS, and in part because Flash, PulseAudio, and MythTV don't
play well together.

Chrome has much better separation of memory and threads, so I use Chrome
when I'm going to be opening and closing a lot of pages, like when I'm
doing research, or when I'm working with slow pages that I can load
while working in other tabs.  However, I am diametrically opposed to the
whole UI of Chrome, as I've discussed on this list before, and could
NEVER use it as my sole browser.