Comcast to FIOS and email?

Richard Pieri richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 28 09:57:18 EDT 2010

"Help" means "reconfiguring the MUA to pull mail from Verizon's mail server instead of Comcast's".

As Edward suggests: get a mail provider that is independent of ISP.  Google, Hotmail, Yahoo, doesn't matter.  I'm partial to Newsguy for my pay-for solution but I'm in that for the Usenet but there are plenty of cheap options, too, in addition to the ad-supported freebies.

Then, before Verizon knocks on the door, configure Comcast's mail to forward all mail to that independent account.  Then start letting people know that your real mail is at the independent mail provider and never use an ISP's address again.

Once Verizon is finished, do the same with that mail system, forwarding your mail right out.

--Rich P.