Debian questions

Jim Gasek jim-ESJ+pY3k0/ZeoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 29 08:05:30 EDT 2010

What's the difference between Debian 5.0.0, and
subsequent releases up to 5.0.5.

The debian.org web site claims that "point" releases
are not -new features-, only "bug fixes, serious
security flaws, etc.

My customer wants an earlyish release, and I am trying
to convince him that 5.0.5 is fine.

That it would be the version that we would "update to"
as a normal course of building his servers, even if we
started out at 5.0.0.

Also, Debian 6 is in "test"(alpha/beta??) mode.   How do
I decide upon a somewhat stable (???) version.   The
debian site doesn't have an easy and simple "distribution
paradigm", like  "here, use this, it is somewhat stable".

Thanks,
Jim Gasek