Hosed ext3 superblock -- partial success, but about those nameless mysql files...

Ling Cheung chinesequincy-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 2 13:15:22 EDT 2010

Well, I followed Charles's advice, and the result was about the same as my previous attempt, but this time I looked into that lost+found directory a bit more closely.  I had overlooked the fact that some of these files are intact directories.  I seem to have more usable data than I realized.

I've found some of the most important stuff.  I'll reinstall Ubuntu on a new hard drive and try to salvage the data I want.

Among the evidently less usable data is a bunch of mysql files with missing file names (that is, with names like #15901557).  I know the file type, thanks to the file command.  I think that these are from mythtv, since that's the only database I seem to be missing.  It would be nice to recover my mythtv database for a few reasons, if I can do so without too much hassle.

Is there a clever way to determine which file is which?

Thanks again.