OT: What we want are things that work; what we get is technology

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski-GqRSzq0LZOzYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 9 09:06:25 EST 2010

On 03/08/2010 09:29 PM, Ben Eisenbraun wrote:
> To continue the off-topicality (especially since you mentioned you already
> bought a new router), this looks dead sexy:
>
> http://www.ubnt.com/rspro
>
> That opinion may expose me as being a bit of a router geek.  I got roundly
> teased for spending $250 on my AP/router by a co-worker.

Being also in the market for a new router/wireless/OpenVPN server, this
is relevant to my interests.

Anyone have one of these boxes?  I see that you can get a kit including
power supply and indoor case from Netgate.  I don't know enough about
the wireless choices to know which one to get, but I'd like to replace
the two WRT54Gs that I have in my house currently (one is open for
friends and family, the other is WPA and bridged to the 'home' network).

-Mark