OpenOffice and Microsoft Office

aldo albanese aldo_albanese-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 9 14:07:39 EST 2010

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:15:42 -0500
From: Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: OpenOffice and Microsoft Office
To: discuss at blu.org

On 03/09/2010 09:17 AM, aldo albanese wrote:
> Hi,
> My company is 95% windows.  I was planning to install OpenOffice3.2 on new desktops.  I was wondering what kind of issues I will get myself into:  These are few of my questions:
> Compatibility issues between OpenOffice and Office
> Learning curves for my users that are not to technical savvy.
> Business acceptance of this new product
> User Training, more helpdesk tickets?
> Please let me know if you have implemented something similar in your company and if you were successful with this implementation.

>>A few years ago,
>>someone presented how to move a company from Microsoft Office to Open
>>Office at the BLU

I joined this list few months ago, since then I have been enjoying these postings I noticed that people always eager to respond and to help.
Thank you all for all your feedbacks, they have been very valuable, please continue to send your comments, experiences.
I will be interested if someone still has the presentation on “how to move a company from Microsoft Office to Open office”

Thanks,
Aldo