Linux backup software .. that meets unique requirements

David Rosenstrauch darose-prQxUZoa2zOsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 11 15:02:31 EST 2010

On 03/11/2010 02:44 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> Something like:
>
> gtar --create --file=- \
>    --listed-incremental=/etc/tar/usr.snar \
>    /usr | gpg (mumble) | ssh backupserver cat>  /dev/rmt0

* Doesn't meet my requirement #1 ("Backs up efficiently.  e.g., uses
rsync algorithm or similar so as to not repeatedly backup/store files
that haven't changed.") - unless "listed-incremental is doing something
I don't understand.

* Doesn't meet my requirement #5.  ("Can back up to any old plain
vanilla sftp/rsync-accessible remote file system.")

> or rsnapshot.

* Doesn't meet my requirement #3.  ("Storage of backups is encrypted.")

Thanks,

DR