Android battery life

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski-GqRSzq0LZOzYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 18 10:19:06 EDT 2010

On 03/18/2010 09:44 AM, Matt Shields wrote:
> I found that turning off the wifi saved on battery life.  I found that the
> Verizon 3G was pretty decent for speed so I haven't used wifi at all.
> There's also some apps (can't remember the name) which put an icon on your
> desktop to make it easy to turn wifi on and off with a single click, instead
> of having to dig through the settings menus.

There's a Power Control widget that comes with the Droid that can turn
on and off Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS, syncing, and screen backlighting.  I
use it fairly regularly when I'm in an area where the wifi is spotty
enough that the Droid tries to use it, but can't get a good connection.
I've found the battery life to be pretty good.  I got the desktop
docking station on sale, so it's easy for me to keep it charged when I'm
at my desk.

As like Ryan, I have a 45+ minute commute each way which I usually spend
fiddling around the web and/or listening to music or podcasts.  I rarely
get below 80% by the end of the trip.

-Mark