Android Backflip summary

Jerry Feldman gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 23 07:42:49 EDT 2010

The AT&T logo button on the left is a browser button.
The Backflip is no sluggish, at least for me.
AT&T will have a few more Android phones coming up shortly by HTC and Del=
l.
BTW: In my case the keyboard is much better than the blackberry. There
are certainly not as many apps as the iPhone, but certainly more than
most others. AT&T is also getting a couple of new Palms.  Got to go, but
for me, I made a good choice because I can now get at all of my data.
BTW: The Backflip also has a development mode. I have not looked into it.=

On 03/22/2010 11:50 PM, David Kramer wrote:
> I said the other day I would summarize my findings on the Backflip.
> Please note that I fully realize most, if not all, of these things woul=
> not concern the average user, or even geeks like us.  But they're issue=
> to me.  Maybe I'm placing too much importance on them, but this is a
> device you're locked into for two years, so if it's an annoyance, it's
> going to be an annoyance for a very long time.
>
> The overall message from me, though, is when I envision a phone built o=
> open source software, this is about as far as you can get from this vis=
ion.

> I would have let this go, but... my Windows Mobile phone has pissed me
> off for the last time and now I'm searching for a replacement.  It
> locked up so bad a soft boot wouldn't fix it and I had to hard reset
> back to factory settings.  Since I'm stuck with AT&T, I have the
> Backflip, the iPhone, and the Tilt II to choose between.
>
> I would be interested in any corrections or additions to these, but
> please don't tell me that they're non-issues unless you can explain why=
=2E
>  Most (but not all) of these are significant to me.
>
> Here are some sources I used:
> http://www.backflipforums.com/
> http://www.businessinsider.com/10-ways-to-fix-googles-busted-android-ap=
p-market-2010-1