mp3 / ogg metadata

David Hummel lemmuh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 25 05:23:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Eric Chadbourne
<eric.chadbourne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> what do you use to edit the metadata (comments) on these files?  when i
> attempt to use rhythmbox it produces some heat via the cpu but nothing
> else.

For Ogg Vorbis files, you can use oggenc at encoding time, or
vorbiscomment on existing files.  Both of these programs are included
in the vorbis-tools package.  For MP3, I'd also recommend id3v2, but
also note that lame has options for adding ID3 data at encoding time.