mp3 / ogg metadata

Eric Chadbourne eric.chadbourne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 25 07:51:51 EDT 2010

David Kramer wrote:
> Eric Chadbourne wrote:
>> what do you use to edit the metadata (comments) on these files?  when i
>> attempt to use rhythmbox it produces some heat via the cpu but nothing
>> else.  thanks for any tips.
>
> The most powerful command line one I found is id3v2.  When I'm in a GUI
> mood, I use EasyTag.  Both in the Ubuntu repository.

excellent.  i'll check them out today.

>> - eric c.  the one who has a crazy large music collection that is a
>
> Hmm.  I've only ripped about 6500 songs so far from my CDs.  Maybe 2/3
> of the way through.

at the moment i'm at 17,141 songs.  107.6 GB.  still have a few cd's to
rip but not many.  about 1/5 is in ogg or flac.  rest are mp3.

>> mess.  also the one who needs a job.
>
> Doing what?  Sell yourself better than that, man!

last job was *nix / oracle tech support...  i'm faster than a runaway
process, more powerful than dependency hell, and able to leap tall
postgresql manuals in a single bound.  :p

- eric c
http://www.linkedin.com/in/echadbourne