Linux and more on a "small" hard drive (was Re: Linux on netbooks)

David Rosenstrauch darose-prQxUZoa2zOsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 30 12:44:02 EDT 2010

On 03/28/2010 10:36 AM, Brendan Kidwell wrote:
> Am I the only one perfectly happy on a 60GB hard drive?

> What's everyone doing that makes them feel cramped in 160GB? :^)

If you're a developer you often end up needing lots of disk space.
Code, documents, half-built code, software install files, etc.

Not to mention VM images.  I've got probably about a half dozen of them
lying around on my laptop, at several gig each.

Also ISO files for testing out LiveCD's ...

It adds up quick!

DR