Accessing BIOS information on a running system

Jerry Feldman gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 31 10:44:28 EDT 2010

I have 2 Intel whitebox systems and one system is beeping (4 beeps). I'm
not sure what exactly the 4 beeps mean as I don't have a BIOS manual for
the system (Intel Whitebox). I do have access to 2 similar running
systems, but I don't really know what the motherboard or BIOS is. This
particular system has been unwell for a while since it was reporting
only 3 CPUs out of 4. If it is memory, I can probably fix that since I
have a bunch of 1GB sticks.

In any case, before I accidentally drop the system out the window onto
the Riverside station, I want to try to figure out exactly what the 4
beep error code means on this system, but I need to know whose BIOS is
in there.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846