More Oracle Open Source Fallout

Richard Pieri richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 17 12:04:05 EDT 2010

On Oct 17, 2010, at 11:50 AM, Matt Shields wrote:

> Dont' forget OpenSSO, GlassFish.  There are other projects that they have or
> are killing.  OpenSSO has been forked already because of Sun/Oracle's
> actions.  GlassFish has gone from totally open source to being a free for
> limited features, pay for features which once were free in previous
> versions.

And Grid Engine.  I don't count these actions as being actively hostile but they do fall into the same category of properties that Oracle is gradually -- or not so gradually -- pulling back from being genuinely Open.  Today's Oracle is most definitely not an Open Source-friendly corporation.

--Rich P.