preferred linux distro for workstation usage?

Ryan Pugatch rpug-vYTEC60ixJUAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 12 20:25:39 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am curious which distro everyone prefers to use on their
workstations (desktops and laptops).

I've been a Fedora user for a while.. in fact, I tend to set up a
pretty minimal Fedora install with Fluxbox on my workstations.

Today, I was curious so I installed the latest version of Ubuntu on my
laptop to see how it is as I haven't used it for a few years.  I am
just using the stock install, no tweaks or customizations.  It gets
the job done.

Just wondering what everyone else is using..

Ryan