Centos, RHEL, ______, SLES

Richard Pieri richard.pieri-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 29 19:32:26 EDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 6:02 PM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:

> I want to run a small application, which only runs on SLES or opensuse...  I
> want to run it inside of vmware.  Unfortunately, opensuse is not a supported
> guest OS for vmware (it might work, I haven't tried yet)...  So I don't see
> any alternative but to pay for SLES.

"Supported" in this context means that VMware actively tests that OS in its products and ships pre-compiled VMware tools kernel modules for that OS.  If you install the kernel headers (and maybe the source, I don't remember) and GNU C then the tools installer script will build kernel modules that match your installation.

--Rich P.