SpiderOak Woes

Bill Horne bill-CIZd1d4GmLheoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 12 09:07:30 EDT 2011

On 04/12/2011 07:35 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Love it. When I worked for Burger King back in the early 70s, they
> discovered that a computer operator had mounted the wrong tape 5 years
> earlier, and they had to restate their taxes and financials going back 5
> years. While I was hired primarily as a DEC PDP-8 assembler programmer,
> they were a COBOL shop, but my boss saw that I had some BASIC in my
> background so I got tapped for writing some BASIC on GE Timesharing to
> get data for accounting.

When I was in IS at NYNEX, we would get Automatic Message Accounting
tapes from the various central offices every day. And twice a year, we
would have to correct the times on at least one tape that came from a CO
where the tech has forgotten to reset the clock to or from DST.

I don't know why they didn't use Zulu time.

Bill