[Discuss] Relevance of PGP?

Edward Ned Harvey blu at nedharvey.com
Fri Aug 19 07:45:23 EDT 2011

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Ricker
>
> And it would be even nice if the nice person doing all
> that for free managed not to compromise security while doing it, but
that's
> rather less likely. "Easy, Secure, Free, pick two" isn't guaranteed the
way
> quick, good, cheap - pick two is, but ...

You're right, nobody ever does anything good or builds any good product,
distributed for free.   ;-)  That would turn the world upside down!  ;-)

BTW, I use StartSSL to generate all my SSL (https, tls) and s/mime
certificates for free.  So the only ingredient of the above wish list that
I'm currently lacking is ... I have to install my cert into my mail client
in order to use it.  That's easy for me, but not quite easy enough for my
Mom.