[Discuss] WRT Dell trashing their own reputation by offshoring support to India [Was: Justify your existence]

Kyle Leslie fbxxkl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 17:01:21 EST 2011

At my last job it was an all Dell shop. It was extremely frustrating dealing with the script. We eventually got to the point if we knew the issue and needed a part replaced (mostly hard drives) we figured out what codes or errors to tell them that was wrong to speed the process of getting a part.

It was always extremely frustrating to answer various useless questions to "fix" something that I knew needed to be replaced anyways.

I hated having to call Dells support but I will say this once you get through the garbage they are good about replacing your equipment.

Sent from my iPhone