30% Apple

Dan O'Donovan odonovan-/2FeUQLD3jedFdvTe/nMLpVzexx5G7lz at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 19 22:36:23 EST 2011

A flame for flame's sake - some tweets by Jon Lech Johansen (DVD Jon) @jonlech

The whining about Apple's 30% cut is getting tiring. Why don't publishers offer their service via Safari and handle billing themselves?

Oh right, because that would be an inferior user experience and they don't have 160+ million CCs on file so they would get less customers.

In summary: they want to leach off Apple's infrastructure investment while keeping most of the revenue.

http://twitter.com/#!/jonlech

... Not that I necessarily agree, I just hadn't expected him to be so pro closed business model.

Dan

--
Dan O'Donovan
Sent with Sparrow